Deadline: June 1st
A. PURPOSE: As a benefit of membership DDPG offers the opportunity to receive financial assistance to attend the Academy's Nutrition and Dietetics Advocacy Summit, usually held in Washington, DC. An annual award of two legislative stipends of up to $1000.00 each will be offered to DDPG members.
B. AWARD CRITERIA
- Applicants must be a member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (the Academy) and a DDPG member for at least two consecutive years.
- DDPG Committee Chairs and Executive Committee members are not eligible for the stipend.
- Applicants are required to briefly describe any current or past legislative involvement or other activities that qualify them for consideration.
- DDPG Legislative Stipend Award winners are required to: Attend all Nutrition and Dietetics Advocacy Summit training sessions; attend the Hill visits to their congressional delegation on the final day of the workshop and provide a brief report to the DDPG Public Policy Chair regarding what they experienced/learned by attending the workshop. This report can be communicated via email and will be reported back to DDPG Executive Committee. Verification of attendance is required.
- Winners will receive up to $1,000.00 to help cover travel, registration, and lodging expenses to the Nutrition and Dietetics Advocacy Summit.
- Award winners will not be eligible the following year.
C. APPLICATION PROCEDURE
- Complete and submit online application to the DDPG Awards Chair at email@example.com.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Awards Committee and approved by the DDPG Academy's DDPG Administrative Manager.
Winners will be notified by email and published in the spring issue of NewsFLASH. Legislative stipend winners will also be posted on the DDPG website, under the awards section, after all of the winners have been contacted. Non-winners will not be contacted. Reimbursement will be sent following receipt of travel, registration and lodging expenses, and conference attendance verification.
If you have questions, email DDPG Awards Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.