Recipe Contest: Canned Beans Can Do Diabetes-Friendly
Sponsored by CannedBeans.org
Open to all DDPG members! Participate in our diabetes-friendly recipe contest with CannedBeans.org, running from Tuesday, September 20, 2022 until 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, November 6, 2022. (Note, this is the extended deadline). Details, prizes, contest rules and the submission template can be found below.
One Grand Prize: $1,500
Two Runners Up: $500 each
The rules are simple! Recipes must:
- Include at least one 15 -16 oz can of beans (any variety).
- Be an original recipe.
- Contain 10 ingredients or less (not counting salt, pepper and water).
- Take no longer than 30 minutes to prepare (does not include cooking time, only prep time).
- May be a side dish, entrée, dessert, snack, or appetizer.
- Include a photo (photo via smartphone is perfectly acceptable)
- Be appropriate for people with diabetes.
- Recipes should be nutritionally balanced and appropriate for people with diabetes, with a focus on mostly whole foods (vegetables, fruits, whole grains, lean protein, and healthy fats in small amounts).
Recipes will be judged on their adherence to the guidelines above, as well as their appetizing appearance, clear instructions and innovative use of canned beans. The top six recipes will be taste-tested by a blinded judging panel.
**Read the full Contest Rules prior to creating your recipe and submitting.**
Use this submission template to enter. Fill out the template in full and submit to DDPGRecipeContest@gmail.com no later than Sunday, November 6, 2022.
Winners will be notified in November 2022. Questions? Email DDPGRecipeContest@gmail.com.