Cutting Edge Nutrition and Diabetes Care (CENDC), previously On the Cutting Edge (OTCE), is three issues annually of the peer-reviewed publication which provides self assessment questionnaires with continuing education credits. Free CPEUs are available in each issue of CENDC.
Newsflash, produced 3 times annually, includes featured columns clinical updates, reviews of books, research publications and web sites.
E-Update, a monthly electronic newsletter to keep our members informed about membership activities, late breaking news, legislative bulletins, volunteer opportunities, DDPG projects and more. If you are a member and not receiving these, please contact DiabetesPracticeGroup@eatright.org
DDPG reproducible patient educational handouts are produced annually and maintained in the DDPG publication area of the website.
The Discussion Board allows members to exchange opinions and resources in a timely matter enhancing their professional knowledge and experience.
DDPG Website Members Only Area
The members only area of this website provides many valuable professional resources including:
- Current and archived DDPG newsletters, both Newsflash and Cutting Edge Nutrition and Diabetes Care (and associated quiz to obtain free CPEU's)
- DDPG presentations including recorded webinars, slides of DDPG presentations at FNCE
- Important articles of interest
- Archives of DDPG electronics communications.
- Contact information for DDPG leaders
- Student members area
- Information on:
- Credentials including links and reference
- MNT outcomes and reimbursement including the current and previous Medicare MNT Provider Newsletter
- Public policy and legislation with articles and important links
- The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics announcements that may be of particular importance to DDPG members.
- Discussion Board including how to join, manage your account, and access the archives.
Awards, Grants, Scholarships and Stipends
All awards, with the exception of the DDPG Champion Award, are for DDPG members only. For more information, application and nomination forms are available in the members only area.
Distinguished Service Award
DDPG Champion Award
Legislative Activity Award
Educator of the Year Award
FNCE® "challenge", student funding to attend FNCE® awarded on behalf of DDPG through the Academy Foundation
MNT Outcomes Research Award-awarded through the Academy Foundation
Continuing Professional Educational Events, Networking, Webinars & Receptions
- FREE webinars for members on hot topics and a link to view it up to a year after the live presentation. Earn free CPEU's. See the recent topics.
- DDPG sponsors workshops and educational sessions for members at the Food & Nutrition Conference & Exhibition.
- DDPG also supports educational sessions at Association of Diabetes Care and Education Specialists (ADCES), State Dietetic and Diabetes Educator meetings and the American Overseas Dietetic Association Meeting.
- DDPG provides networking opportunities at member only receptions during FNCE® and ADCES.
- Global access to colleagues via DDPG's Discussion Board.
- DDPG e-update and e-blasts are communication tools for DDPG members to receive monthly updates on membership activities, late breaking news, legislative bulletins, volunteer opportunities and DDPG projects.
DDPG continues to work with the Academy and other national professional groups to improve reimbursement for diabetes self-management education and medical nutrition therapy. More information and resources
Alliances and Task Force Involvement
- American Diabetes Association: Advocacy Committee – liaison representative from the Academy
- Association of Diabetes Care and Education Specialists (ADCES)
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (AACE) – DDPG representatives to serve as advisors on the Lifestyle and Nutrition Scientific Committee and Obesity Scientific Committee
- Appointment to the National Diabetes Education Program (steering committee and various Work Groups)
- IDF: International Diabetes Federation
- Confederation of Diabetes Organizations (ADCES, ADbA, the Academy, NCBDE, CDC, NDIC, NDEP)
- Enhancement and Promotion of the Academy's Strategic Initiatives and Campaigns DDPG Strategic Priorities
- Many of the aforementioned products, services, activities, and events support the Academy's Strategic Initiatives