Nutrition Interventions to Increase Glucose Time in Target Range
Sponsored and Hosted by: LifeScan Diabetes Institute
Achieving target blood glucose values in many people with diabetes remains a challenge. Join this 60-minute webinar to learn how key nutrition interventions (e.g., adjusting meal carbohydrate, protein, fat, fiber, etc. and eating times) can significantly help people with diabetes improve post-meal blood glucose, and glucose variability, leading to improved frequency of glucose time in range.
Presented on: Thursday, April 23, 2020 1 pm EST
Mary Ann Hodorowicz, RDN, MBA, CDCES, CEC
Mary Ann Hodorowicz, RDN, MBA, CDCES, CEC, is a registered dietitian nutritionist and certified diabetes care and education specialist. She served on the Board of Directors of the Association of Diabetes Care and Education Specialists (ADCES) from 2013 – 2015, was the Chair of the advanced Practice Community of Interest in 2016, and was nominated for the Award in Excellent Practice of the Weight Management Practice Group of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics 2016. She has served on numerous committees and work groups of ADCES and the Academy.
Credits: 1 CEU
5190: Diabetes mellitus
6000: Education, Training, and Counseling
2070: Macronutrients: carbohydrate, fat, protein, fiber, water
5000: Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Define the newer clinical outcomes beyond A1c (TIR, glycemic variability and AGP), relative to blood glucose targets.
- State the effect of high fat, high protein, high carbohydrate and high fiber meals on post-meal blood glucose (time above and time below range).
- Describe how timing of meals/snacks effects blood glucose variability.
- Describe the effect of when meal components are eaten during the meal on post-meal blood glucose.
- State the risk of consuming alcoholic beverages for the insulin using PWD.
IMPORTANT Registration Information:This webinar and the recording is hosted on LifeScan Diabetes Institute’s website as the sponsor of this continuing education opportunity. It is not available through the EatRightStore.org like other DDPG webinars. In order to access the webinar recording and listen for CPEUs, you will need to register for the LifeScan Diabetes Institute (free of charge) at the link below.
Please visit this link to view the recording